New Hampshire Revenue Administration Department Logo
Website Name - an official New Hampshire Government website
Smaller text size Reset text size Larger text size
link to website translation page

Frequently Asked Questions - NH Department Labor

Need Help?

Call (603) 230-5920
M-F 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM

For more information on Workers' Compensation Insurance or to verify the accuracy of any information on this page, it is recommended that any interested entity or individual inquire directly to the NH Department of Labor to ascertain current fees and information pertinent to their situation.  

You may visit or write to the NH Department of Labor:

NH Department of Labor
95 Pleasant Street
Concord, NH 03301
Telephone: (603) 271-3176 or 1-800-272-4353

The Workers' Compensation Division administers and enforces the provisions of RSA 281-A, including the enforcement of coverage requirements for all employers, the oversight of the level of medical and wage replacement benefits to be paid to injured workers, conduct hearings on contested claims, and monitoring of insurance carriers and claim administrators to ensure the prompt payment of benefits and delivery of services.  The Division also certifies private vocational rehabilitation providers and monitors vocational rehabilitation services provided to eligible injured workers.

RSA 281 requires employers to provide no fault workers' compensation insurance coverage for employees in case of accidental injury, death of occupational disease, "arising out of and in the course of employment."

New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration
Governor Hugh Gallen State Office Park
109 Pleasant Street (Medical & Surgical Building), Concord NH
(603) 230-5000  |  
TDD Access Relay NH: 1-800-735-2964  |  
fax: (603) 230-5945
Contact the Webmaster