To skip navigationdra
State of Nh Revenue Dept
photo of Revenue building
IndividualsBusinessLocal Government


Taxpayer Assistance > Requests for Resale & Exempt Certificates

The State of New Hampshire does not have a general sales and use tax. Therefore, we do not issue Certificates for Resale or Tax Exemptions, nor do we issue tax exempt numbers. Should a company refuse to sell to you because you do not have a New Hampshire tax exempt number, you may refer them to call the New Hampshire Department of Revenue Administration at 603-230-5030 for clarification.

If you are requesting a resale certificate for the Communications Services Tax and currently the company is filing the Communications Services Tax with the Department please complete and sign the Application for Resale for the Communications Services Tax and submit to the NH Department of Revenue Administration, Audit Division, at P.O. Box 457 Concord NH 03302-0457

Please print this page and present it to any entity that requires confirmation that New Hampshire does not issue Certificates for Resale or Tax Exemptions or call us at 603-230-5030 if you require further assistance.

NH Dept. of Revenue Administration
Audit Division



© NH Department of Revenue Administration ~ 109 Pleasant Street ~ Concord, New Hampshire 03301
Phone: 603-230-5000 ~ Fax: 603-230-5945 ~ TDD Access Relay NH: 1-800-735-2964
Municipal Services ~ Phone: 603-230-5090 ~ Fax: 603-230-5947
Property Appraisal ~ Phone: 603-230-5950 ~ Fax: 603-230-5943
Collections ~ Phone: 603-230-5900 ~ Fax: 603-230-5946
Hearings Bureau ~ Phone 603-230-5002 ~ Fax 603-230-5948
Contact the Webmaster

Copyright © State of New Hampshire, 2007