- After completing the worksheet contained in the Meals & Rentals Tax booklet, the TELEFILE system may be accessed by dialing 1-800-328-4557 from a touch-tone telephone 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- The automated system will prompt the operator to provide their license number and PIN prior to entering certain tax information from the prepared worksheet.
- Once the tax information has been entered and verified, TELEFILE will issue a ten (10) digit confirmation number as a record of the filing transaction.
- The operator should write this confirmation number on Line 22 of the worksheet.
- Questions concerning the TELEFILE or e-FILE systems may be directed to (603) 230-5920, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- The TELEFILE system will provide step-by-step instructions on filing your return.
- If at any time during the filing process you do not hear the instructions, wait a few seconds and TELEFILE will repeat them to you. You will have several opportunities to enter the requested entry prior to having the call disconnected.
- After entering your license number and PIN, you will have the opportunity to:
- 1) file your return and change your bank information;
- 2) change your PIN, or;
- 3) cancel a warehoused transaction.
- Listen to the prompt, then make your selection.
- You should always receive a 10 digit confirmation number at the end of your telephone call. If you did not, then the transaction was not completed. You may also check the status of your telefile transaction on-line using e-file to verify your account. Access eFILE.
Meals and Rentals Tax Forms and Instructions
Please note that original telefile number at (603) 271-1000 is no longer operational.
Important Notice to PCfilers:
On October 27, 2003, the PCFile became unavailable and operators had to choose to TELEFILE or eFILE. Access eFILE.